Darksiders III is finally happening! According to a product listing over on Amazon, it’s set to be released sometime in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We have to wonder if this reveal was scheduled for E3 next month, and Amazon perhaps just pulled the trigger early since no official announcement has been made at the time of this posting. Here’s the full description for Darksiders III, as reported on Amazon:
Return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash Action Adventure where players assume the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, FURY must succeed where many have failed – to bring balance to the forces that now ravage Earth. Darksiders III is the long-anticipated, third chapter in the critically-acclaimed Darksiders franchise.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
This is exciting news, as this franchise deserves to continue on. Darksiders and Darksiders II were both fantastic games, and the way they channeled The Legend of Zelda throughout the entire game just felt so good.
Stick with Level Down Games, as we’ll have continued coverage on all things Darksiders III, including the official reveal when it happens.