This morning during a brief Nintendo Direct focused exclusively on Pokemon, Nintendo pulled back the curtain on their latest Wii U to Nintendo Switch port… Pokken Tournament.
The Switch version of the game, titled Pokken Tournament DX, will launch worldwide on September 22, 2017. It’s not just a simple port either. While it will include all of the original 16 fighters that were featured in the Wii U game, it’ll also have Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, Croagunk, and Decidueye from Pokemon Sun and Moon.
Pokemon is making its way to Nintendo Switch later this year with Pokken Tournament DX. Along with all the content from both the Wii U and arcade versions of Pokken Tournament, the Pokemon fighting game where Pokemon in battle move in direct response to the player’s actions, Pokken Tournament DX also introduces an array of exciting new features to create the ultimate Pokken experience.
Pokken Tournament DX features include:
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.