SEGA has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris will be released in North America on April 25 and Europe on April 28 for both the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The PS4 version will be available only in a physical format for $29.99, while the Switch version will be available digitally for $29.99 and physically as a special Launch Edition for $39.99.
Seriously, there’s a whole lot of modes that will quench the thirst of the most weathered puzzle game veteran. Looking for a wacky single-player experience that features characters from the Puyo Puyo/Tetris universe and tons of unique challenges? Adventure mode is right up your alley. Want to sharpen your skills via the CPU? Solo Arcade mode is what you need. If the thrill of competing against other human beings is more your style, we’ve got SO many Multiplayer modes that’ll tickle your fancy. Check them out below:
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Check out the release date announcement trailer below. Level Down Games will have more on Puyo Puyo Tetris as the release date draws closer.