NIS America has announced today at Anime Expo 2018 that they will be localizing The Caligula Effect: Overdose for English audiences on PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. It is currently scheduled to release sometime in Early 2019.
Originally released in 2017 as The Caligula Effect on PlayStation Vita, Overdose boasts twice the story content and new features like a UI overhaul, new characters including a playable female protagonist, plus additional scenario paths and endings!
About The Game
- Mobius. An idyllic world that exists for the sake of letting people forget about the pain and problems of reality. In this world created by a sentient vocaloid program, μ (Mu), reality and fantasy has become blurred, allowing people to relive their high school years in bliss. Yet in this seemingly beautiful and perfect world, something is amiss. Escape from this false paradise with your fellow students and return to reality in The Caligula Effect: Overdose!
- An Overdose of New Features – The Caligula Effect: Overdose boasts enhanced visuals and gameplay! Explore new scenarios, endings, and the “Forbidden Musician Route” while escaping the virtual world of Mobius.
- The New Faces of Kishimai High – Play as the newly added female protagonist! Plus, meet two new members of the Go-Home Club, who each have their own new Ostinato Musician to face.
- Use the Imaginary Chain! – Turn-based battle meets exhilarating action in this refined JRPG battle system! Develop a flawless strategy after using the Imaginary Chain to predict what your enemies will do next!
- Unite and Escape – Sometimes, it’s hard to go at it alone. Befriend over 500 other students in this imaginary paradise to improve your skills in battle and ultimately return to reality.
Check out the localization announcement trailer below!